Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm new here and joined because of the issues my car is having. At first, all winter, sometimes the blower wouldn't work, but then it would work all of a sudden and stay that way. It continued on, then once the weather got hot, started using the A/C. It worked, then did the not working thing again, started working, then went out.

I replaced the blower resistor, it started working again for a little while, like a week, then quit again and wouldn't start up again. I changed the resistor out again, still nothing. Replaced the blower motor, nothing. Changed the relay and fuses, nothing. Changed the switch for the fan, still nothing.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried doing a voltage test, not sure if I did it right though because it wasn't reading anything, even at the connector.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. The heat index where I'm at has been staying between 110 and 115 F and I have a 2 year old, so we haven't been going anywhere.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or has an idea of what it could be? My next step would be a shop, but I can't afford it yet with buying all these new parts.

My car is a 2001 Ford Taurus SES with the manual climate control.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and the A/C compressor still cycles on. Not sure if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
Is 12 V present at the switch? Use a test light for this test, not a DMM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2001 Taurus SEL blower motorI have a 2001 Taurus SEL with EATC control unit. problem

I have a 2001 Taurus SEL with EATC control unit. The blower stopped working for about 5 seconds and then started again with normal airflow. About a minute it quit all together. Does not work at any speed. I have opened the inside fuse panel and with the engine running I go from “OFF” to “MAX” A/C and I do not feel or hear the Blower Relay (Location 3) click. Checked Fuse28 (Blower Motor Relay Coil, EATC Logic) and it looks good. EATC lights up and the A/C compressor kicks in with engine running. Because the Blower Relay does not click I feel it cannot be Location 8 “Blower Motor” 40A Fuse. From that analysis it appears to me to be the Blower Relay (Location 3). Would so much appreciate any thoughts on my analysis and what is the best way to remove either the 40A “Blower” fuse or the Blower Relay? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Have you replaced the relay? Or have you checked at the relay socket to see if the coil terminals are getting 12V and a ground?

·
Registered
27 Posts
2001 Taurus SEL blower motorI have a 2001 Taurus SEL with EATC control unit. problem

Have you replaced the relay? Or have you checked at the relay socket to see if the coil terminals are getting 12V and a ground?
No shoz123 I was attempting to remove the fan relay and was looking for any easy ways to pull it out. I tried just pulling on it and the relay would not pop out. I also described all the steps I had done to sectionalize the problem. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The relay should pull out. It may be fused in there from overheating. This is the issue I've had, where it burnt up the connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts