Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm cruising at about *** mph to a stabbing call in the 2004 Intrepid. It has 11k (+/-) miles on it. We are on a 5 mile bridge, when I come to the end and slow to 70, cuz the location is just off the end of the bridge. All of a sudden, "BANG, tick tick tick tick................"
And the ride Dies.

Damn Dodge, second 2004 in our fleet to do it in the last year

Luckily it wasn't mine, it was the Rookie Trainee's! I kicked him out of the driver's seat for this call, cuz I have no trust in Rookie drivers on hot calls

Luckily, stabbee lived (Slit throat) Stabber Incarcerated after lengthy search, and wanted out of Arkansas for Attempt Murder.

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry, but I gotta ask. Did you burn your lips?

All kidding aside, that's some pretty bad luck, you'd think Dodge would try to make them more rugged.

Glad to hear the stabbee was OK eventually, and the stabber was caught. Nice work!

J

·
0 Posts
That's terrible! Why weren't you in a Crown Vic PI??? Glad to hear everything worked out though.

I

·
0 Posts
I hate all dodge cars, they aren't reliable at all. The intrepid should have never been a police car. The Crown Vic is a much better car. At least the stabber was caught.

One more murderer off our streets

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Mar 12 2004, 03:02 AM
Sorry, but I gotta ask. Did you burn your lips?
Shoulda caught that one before I posted it

5 points fer teh Bob

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jason8225@Mar 12 2004, 08:58 AM
That's terrible!  Why weren't you in a Crown Vic PI???  Glad to hear everything worked out though.
Our Dept stopped buying the CV in 2001 ("lowest Bid" deal)
In 2001 we bought Impalas, aka "Police Impersonators" POS's
Learned their lesson and are now trying the Intreps. Fast cars, just not as Durable as the CV's.
Up for a new car this year, and curious as to what the price diff between the alleged new RWD Dodge Police veh and the Ford CV is going to be <_<

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
call me a gm boy but i would take a lt1 caprice

·
Registered
549 Posts
Originally posted by RocketFast321@Mar 12 2004, 10:43 AM
call me a gm boy but i would take a lt1 caprice
Agreed. Those were great cop cars. Really, the crown vic police package is just a "police impersonator" now too. There was an article printed in popular mechanics a while back about cop cars, and how the crown vic police interceptor doesn't have the upgrades that previous cop cars did (significanlty stronger motor, etc.)

Reminded me of this quote:
It's got a cop motor: a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before the catalytic converter so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is this the new Bluesmobile, or what?[/b]

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
maybe Dodge will come out a with nice RWD car that uses the hemi, Chevy looks like it not going to come come out with any big RWD cars soon. They doing the truck thing and the mini car thing now. I'm going to miss the astro. A rwd mini van to rode like a truck

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by dIESEL600@Mar 12 2004, 11:05 AM
Reminded me of this quote:
It's got a cop motor: a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before the catalytic converter so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is this the new Bluesmobile, or what?
[/b][/quote]

. . . sorry, nothing else to add to this thread. *shrugs*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts