Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attempting to change broken blender door, since repair attempt did not work out: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/161381-how-fix-broken-pivot-shafts.html As junk yard where I got another blender door from, closed down, so I wont be able to practice and I don't wont to break anything on my car, since that's how I ended up with broken blender door in the first place. Car has manual heat A/C, not EATC.

Is it possible for anyone to post detailed pictures and How To, perhaps from the shop manual, of how to properly dismantle air box where said blender door is located. :worthlesswithoutpic

Everyone's help is greatly appreciated. :notworthy:

P.S. My coolant is rusty again (after one year), should I replace it or one more year on it wont hurt brand new heater core? I'm starting school full time tomorrow, so funds will be tight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did. As I mentioned I'm a little short on money with tuition expenses and i also don't want to butcher my car, especially since I went thru the trouble of getting a replacement door out of donor car.

If no one can't help me with posting pictures and How To, could you at least tell me if I'm better off with Chilton or Haynes? And do they have detailed pictures/notes on dis-assembly of air plenum?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts