Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member so please forgive the many mistakes I’m likely to make. 2005 Taurus,3.0 fails to drive actuator linkage to heat or linkage up position after replacing actuator motor with new. Unrelated, new radiator, heater core and thermostat all working properly, temp gauge mid range when engine is operated. Weather getting pretty cold, could use a few pearls of wisdom. Links be will move manually throughout it’s range if operated manually, I checked this before I put new motor /actuator on. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , first let me thank each of you individually and then collectively to all who responded, what an overwhelming response! I took a moment off for unsuccessful deer hunting and am just tired enough to not go tromping through the swamp and to return to the warmth of the garage once again, sorry for the delay. Some observations based on your excellent questions: I pulled the blend door actuator but left it dangling by its harness to observe it’s response to heat/cool via rotary switch with the key turned on-no response! Wouldn’t you folks think I should have checked that earlier? The linkage moves freely up and down by hand with the actuator removed, so maybe blend doors are ok. At this point it’s starting to look like an electrical circuit problem. Could use a few suggestions that way and may wind up needing a diagram if the repair becomes more demanding, again my deepest thanks. All the best to you folks and your families as Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approach. Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some additional info, I noticed a post for a 2007 Taurus that said f2-27 serves actuator for that model year, taking a chance that the same fuse may power my 2005, I pulled this fuse and checked it, it was ok so , while fuse out, I grabbed test light and found no available power to this fuse block location. I’m thinking source power for fuse block 2-27 is derived from fuse block 1 under hood but lack info on what to check now, that’s the update. Thanks, Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts