Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car has been blowing hot air for a while. I found these forums, did the self test and received three error codes. The first was the sun sensor which I replaced and that code disappeared on the self test. The other two codes were 24 and 25 for the blend door. Today I went searching and found the blend door actuator. I removed it, and then decided to plug it in and see if the white spoke thing actually moved when I turned the heat to air conditioning and back again. It did. I then proceeded to try the air conditioner just for the heck of it and sure enough cold air came pouring out of the vents. I re-did the self test and the only thing that came up was 888 (the 24 and 25 did not come back as errors).

My question is this...is it possible something was just stuck or maybe not sitting right and by removing it and then plugging it back in it fixed it? I did move the metal arm up and down a few times and it seemed fine too. Do you think I still need to replace the unit since I got those codes previously or since the codes are gone does that mean the unit is working properly?

Also, any advice for greasing any of the parts like that metal arm?

Thanks!!!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, back again....we put the old blend door back in and now it's blowing hot air again. I did the self test and no errors came up. Is it possible since we had the 24 and 25 error code before, that this unit is bad even though we aren't getting the error now? Or could this be something else entirely.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give from experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
With engine off and key in the on position, adjust the temp. control. Do you hear a clicking and/or thump? If so, replace the bda (blend door actuator).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With engine off and key in the on position, adjust the temp. control. Do you hear a clicking and/or thump? If so, replace the bda (blend door actuator).
No clicking and no thump. :( The actuator would have been an easy fix since we had it all taken apart. It must be either the compressor or refrigerant needing a boost.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Blend doot

No clicking and no thump. :( The actuator would have been an easy fix since we had it all taken apart. It must be either the compressor or refrigerant needing a boost.
OK, I'm with you. I put on a blend door motor and it did not work. Then I did the error codes as I did not know how at the start. After cleaing the 025 code, the new one worked. Plugged the old on in to the wire and it worked also. So I set that one back as a spare.I took the cover off and there was no sigh of damage, so put the cover back. I think a run down battery caused mine to stop, but never for sure.

Lots of parts put on cars where the old one has no problem.

-chart-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm getting the 024 code again. I think I'm going to try to replace the actuator and see what happens. I'm just trying to save some money by doing it myself. Hopefully maybe the unit is defective.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Hard fault

Well I'm getting the 024 code again. I think I'm going to try to replace the actuator and see what happens. I'm just trying to save some money by doing it myself. Hopefully maybe the unit is defective.
024 is a "hard fault" in the blend door motor. The '025' is there was a temporary fault sometime in the past, but not there now.

-chart-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replaced the blend door actuator with a new unit. Still not working with the cold air. It still has 024 as an error. It sounds like the door is opening and closing and the compressor on the air conditioner is working. Oh well, it's past my "expertise" now.

Thanks for helping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts