Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so right now in the winter i have 18'' black rims and black trim (centennials, black grille and rear spear + dark tint)

in the winter i have a chrome ebay grill and rear spear and 20'' chrome rims...

So im buying new headlights after christmas and putting morimoto minis in them, so do i leave the headlight chrome? or centennial it? or black out everything? (black out the whole reflector because its not necessary behind the projector and run led signals)

not sure so i want to hear some thoughts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How about black chrome, as Dupli-Color and Rust Oleum both offer two part paint system's to achieve this finish over existing plain chrome. Have black chrome wheel's on one of my car's, and really cut's down the bling, without going totally blacked out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think if you black out the entire thing, it might look kind of odd.

I say Centennial it. I like that look the best.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea, I had centennial for a while. With the reflector being chrome you'll get some stray light coming off the reflector. Since I finally got the time I did mine all black (black reflector, black bezel in front of reflector, and kept the signal spot chrome), came out looking better since my shroud is the same color as my car and eliminated that residual light above the cutoff.

I would go centennial, the all black look, I don't think looks as great as I once thought; though going flat black or chrome black is up to you, the chrome black is something you don't see to often though. For my paint I used the engine enamel on the reflector since I'm using 55w, it gets pretty hot (around 220 degrees) and the engine enamel says it can withstand 500 degrees so I figured why not use it?

FYI I just prefer the no light above the cutoff, it DOES in fact help light up over head signs, but b/c I have that double cutoff thing going on it's not an issue for me. It's really just preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts