1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
No thanks. I dont want that mess in my car, nor do I need some dumb PC subtracting points from my record. Humans can make their own choices and you pay the price if your caught.

·
Registered
397 Posts
if the GOVT had THEIR way -

EVERY one of your thoughts, activites, bodily functions, where you work, what you do, who you marry, what you like/don't like - would be in THEIR hands.

I don't know why, but the more you hear about this %^&*, the more one thinks the GOVT wants Robots, and not humans. (oh but it is to keep us "safe"

SO, on a good note - if your CAR can nark if you drive too fast or run a sign, does that mean we save tax dollars by getting rid of the police force?

I wonder how all the HUMANS who work as COPS, sheriff, judges, ETC ETC will feel when they no longer have a job because of some stupid "black box"? I would be PISSED if I was a police and lost my job to some machine.

So what? are they WANTING to obsolete humans for machines?

And just think - these politicians who lie, well gee, one day they will have some system that records your every action right? (you know they want that)

See what i am getting at? Some people think it is cute to have electronic crap that narks EVERY little thing, but when it comes to bite their creators in the a**, THEN what?

Aside from this rant, i don't quite get why the GOVT wants to pry into every little thing of someones life? Is it for some religious crap? Seriously, DO they want humans to act as robots? What the HELL good is that?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
most buicks have it. it is especially good if you involved with a lawsuit and stuff. i saw this on 60 minutes...the old lady in cargot killed in an accident with collision by a buick...they took the data recoder and found the graphs showed that the speed of the buick was increasing in the last 5 seconds before the accident. this means that the person in the buick was speeding up causing the collision. and the family of the old lady won the lawsuit.....the sad part is we do not know the lady's side of the story since she was driving a car without the chip.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Let them do this and we'd find a way to hack the $hit out of it. Machines will never hold me down. I'll change my name to John Conner and "terminate" all the machines!

·
Registered
397 Posts
See Deltar, that is why it is so messed up!

I think - if they WANT THAT much control over your car, why not make it totally automatic, so you insert the key, enter a sestination, sit back, fall asleep, and let the car do EVERYthing?
hey I could live with that.

Do you guys think it would be a mess trying to deal with this $%^&, cause look, EVERYone does a few miles over the limit all the time. Hell, after a while, NO ONE would be allowed to drive.
I wonder where the line would be?

BTW i have a Buick, and as far as I know, it has no black box or nuthin...

They have been talking about doing this system for years now, I hope it is MOSTLY speculation.

I wonder what the COPS think of this - I know we have a cop or two on this forum, who op[enly say they are in Law enforcement, I wonder what our policeman TCCA'ers think of all this? I imagine they hate it worse than anyone, this is THEIR job at stake.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
And that's why I'm gonna buy a '70s boat-wagon. Screw all this electronic crap that narks on people, I just want to drive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts