Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many virus' are going around now, but i had no idea how many my computer had, because i didn't have one of those anti-virus thingys....IF YOU DON'T NOT HAVE ONE, GET ONE!!!!!! But after a good friends help, talking me threw everything, we freed my computer of all the fricken virus' it had. Which is probably record breaking (the number of virus' i had).

The only reason i tried to fix my computer is because of that Osama AIM virus that was going around....

To check out how many virus' my computer had, check out the pic below..don't let this happen to you...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
*runs to scan my pc's. eek! Those viruses are nasty ones indeed. Thanks for the info Kim.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
To check out how many virus' my computer had, check out the pic below..don't let this happen to you...[/b]
thats not how many u had its how much files that were infected from a virus u just let it get around without scanning

·
Registered
359 Posts
Set up Norton or whatever you have to scan every night at a certain time, say 4am or so. You'll catch them before your computer becomes a silicon "Typhoid Mary".

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ Once a weak, free, and you never have to worry about updates. Just run it after you install a file you are unfamiliar with (or...don't install files you're unfamiliar with
)

I also recommend setting up a firewall, preferrably an external one that has most ports closed (you probably won't use most of them anyway)

It's ridiculus how many holes are in Windows. The Firewall router in my house has limited our incoming viruses (trojans, really) to the stuff my brother downloads off Kazaa (darn him!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts