Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pads are meant to be placed behind the speaker in order scatter the back-waves coming from the speaker, thus reducing distortion, vibration, etc. Well, I went I ahead and ordered set of Dynaxorb. Unfortunately, once I took off my old speaker, I saw a wide bar right behind it. So in our cars it's very difficult if not impossible to apply this product. I decided that it's not worth it to return a $20 product, so I cut mine into five strips of about 1.5 inches wide and glued them behind my speaker anyways. (Two on each side of bar, in the middle, and on two sides). However, in the end there is no way for me to find out whether cutting and gluing will make any improvement in sound. This is because I am applying Dynamat, Dynaliner, and installing new component speakers in the doors, and then I will be pushing to them 160watts instead of 60watts (RMS). I am pretty sure this will be an improvement, but it can't be attributed to the Dynaxorb strips behind the speaker.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.