Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. Finally had a chance to post something other than the Intro when I bought the 'Bull"

Pleasant handling for such a larger sedan, but was wondering what any of you have done to significantly improve by replacing the tires (currently the original Continentals 215/60/R17 on the car with only 43k)

Also , anybody put wider ones on their Bull?

Also, anyone do any significant upgrades of suspension to improve handling?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
431 Posts
My '06 Ford 500 came used with 2 origanal Contenentals and 2 Cooper tires. I thought I had a wheel bearing going out due to the road noise. When I had the tires rotated front to rear, the noise moved with the tires. I went in and had 2 new coopers installed . When I bought my Taurus, also used, it had Goodyear Eagles that were brand new, again lots of road noise. I ran them low and replaced them with Michelin's. The car handles fine and is very quite.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If budget is not a problem, Michelin is an excellent choice. Are you looking for all-season or summer tires? Try to check out 4wheelonline for other options like Goodyear, BFG and Cooper.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
434 Posts
If budget is not a problem, Michelin is an excellent choice. Are you looking for all-season or summer tires? Try to check out 4wheelonline for other options like Goodyear, BFG and Cooper.
The Michelin's that came with my 2013 were terrible. The worst winter tires I've ever owned. They were so bad that I replaced them with tons of tread still left on them. Not worth dying over.

Don't just buy a brand. Buy a specific model.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure which Michelins we're talking about, but the Primacy is indeed the worst A/S tire known to man. If you need to drive in winter weather, do not get those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have General Altimax RT43 on our 2009 Bull (kept to the stock size of 215/60R/17). Have 15000 miles on them now & are good tires, treadwear is good so far & they are quiet on the highway (can't say how they do in the snow for I drive our 4X4 truck when the weather is nasty). The best way to keep the tire noise down & no shake / steering wheel feedback is to make sure that they are balanced properly & find the perfect tire pressure (for our's it's 35PSI).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mrbinnc.....I actually have been considering the Altimax and have read very good reviews of that tire on all sorts of vehicles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts