Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the engine bay is the best place to mount and secure an amplifier fuse? What are your guys' suggestions? Pictures of your amp fuse installs would super helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I used the engine side of the Mega fuse post for all my power add ons.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I just mount the wire there. You can put the fuse anywhere that is convenient.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no problem mounting the wire, it's trying to find a convenient spot for the inline fuse to be mounted so that it doesn't get in the way and is only 18" away from the battery.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
How big is the fuse? Sounds like you have a surface mount fuse. Put it behind the drivers side headlight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuse I have is a "StreetWires FHXS4 AFS Fuse Holder" it's about 2 1/2" long and about 1 1/2" wide. I'm trying to find a spot behind the headlight that's still only 18" away from the batter and won't interfere with the hood struts when the hood is closed. I'm thinking I might just mount it on top of the battery cover using an adhesive (super glue or epoxy) that it's close, out of the way and I won't have to drill into the car. Anyone see a problem with that? What adhesive would you guys reccommend to use?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Why even mount it? Just put a short piece of wire off the Mega fuse then connect the fuse. Wire ty it so it does not interfere with the fans and call it quits.

You can run it under the fuse box too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
do you still have the stock air cleaner box if so mount it in between the battery and it. there is only one of two grommets that can be use. one in the center at the bottom by the exhaust and one were the stick controls would go for a stick shift. any ways i pull up the first trim piece either the driver or passenger doors rocker trim. and be warned the center and back will not pull all the way out. get a coat hanger and pull it threw the trunk either passenger or driver side. but be careful the spot were you use the coat hanger at the rear seat wraps in a lot around the wheel well. so do not rip out the trunk liner or you will be swearing a hole lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, but it looks like I'll have to put this little project on hold because my transmission quit working yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts