Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My oppinion: Phillips xTreme Power is still the brightest (80% more light than stock) and is not blue.

I couldnt figure out how to put them in the post. I dont have time to figure it out this AM. Can anyone give me a quick way to insert them into the post?

LUX MAN
Right click on picture, select the whole link, copy. Paste here into "Insert picture" - see below.
Anyway, pictures are not relevant IMO. Camera, in nighttime pics, on full Auto mode, will apply White Ballance, exposure correction that can lead to different results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Philips Xtreme 9007 is a good bulb.

Restore the headlights as others instructed.

Ignore anyone claiming Silverstar (Ultra) or zXE are good bulbs. Even Sylvania came out and said that its own Silverstar bulbs suck...and they say that it might not even create a legal beam pattern in many headlamps. Is that the kind of bulb you want to put in your vehicle? A bulb whose manufacture says there's a good chance it'll make your car fail relevant legal standards?

All my information is contained at this patent filing by Sylvania (US10408406B1).

Summary:

Applicants herein appreciated that if lamp capsules of the type known as the 9005 Sylvania Silverstar Ultra (450, FIG. 11); the Sylvania Nightbreaker (shown at FIG. 1 in Rice U.S. Pat. No. 9,396,925); or that shown in Rice U.S. Pat. No. 9,396,925 at FIGS. 5-7; or Luennemann PCT WO 2008/074657 (“Luennemann”); or Yamamoto U.S. Pat. No. 5,111,105 (“Yamamoto”), which are each designed for reflector-type headlamp systems, were inserted into a conventional projection-type headlamp system, the coatings on those lamp capsules (if they could even produce a street-legal beam satisfying NHTSA standards) would be detrimental to performance, due to the manner in which the central, rear region of the ellipsoidal projection-type reflector forms the hot spot.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts