Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
416 Posts
The wagons had to have a certain package to get the rear discs.
I didn't know that. I had thought all the wagons came with 4 wheel disc. Mine is cloth interior, but it had the center console that flipped into a seat, with a console shifter. Other than that, it's got a CD changer in the cargo area and auto climate (EATC). I think the rest of the stuff is all standard equipment on every trim (or at least most years): PW, PL, P Mirrors, PS, PB, P Driver seat, AM/FM/Cass, P Antenna, single exhaust (I was told dual was an option).

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
233 Posts
I didn't know that. I had thought all the wagons came with 4 wheel disc. Mine is cloth interior, but it had the center console that flipped into a seat, with a console shifter. Other than that, it's got a CD changer in the cargo area and auto climate (EATC). I think the rest of the stuff is all standard equipment on every trim (or at least most years): PW, PL, P Mirrors, PS, PB, P Driver seat, AM/FM/Cass, P Antenna, single exhaust (I was told dual was an option).
If you have the center armrest that flips out with the cup holders and little storage areas you definitely have a column shifter, one way of knowing is the gear read out is in the instrument cluster and, when folded up and in you have a front bench seat that is called a 60/40 seat, the other is if you have a center console shifter the CD changer would be in the center storage compartment, the dual exhaust (really 2 into 1 and out to 2 again) was not available at all 2000-07 and I thought it was only available for the SHO in 98 and 99, but not 100% sure, yes the common options were for every level of the car (p-w, l, m, rear defogger), then there was 2 or 3 convenience packages which gave you things like rear heat and a/c vents, trunk carpet, traction and mixed in there was the rear discs, my 01 SES wasn't available with dual or electronic climate control, but I do have leather, roof, front air dam(can hardly see it), rear deck spoiler with led brake light, bucket (All SESs had them, driver power) power seats and power pedals. Now the real kick in the behind, packages were and still are regional, soooo different region, different options in the same convenience package(s).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace the brake rotors on my 1999 taurus later this year. I have never bought new ones before, just resurfaced them when installing new brake pads/calipers years ago.

I was looking on RockAuto and there are ALOT of brands: Centric, FVP, Bendix, Wagner, Durago...

I don't need any fancy performance rotors, mostly flat/highway driving. Do you all have any good experience with any of these brands? Or any other tips when looking at rotors?

Thanks in advance
I own my own repair shop any usually don't have the luxury of waiting on parts. But can on my cars including the ,08 All wheel drive Taurus SEL..There is a exceptional vendor on eBay..Brake Motive is his store.like $100/$150 for drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads shipped.. excellent vendor/excellent products/ excellent warranty. I had a set of his front pads worn to like 1/3 left on another car & asked about a set of warranty pads to replace them... The man sent me the ENTIRE ORDER AGAIN.. Rotors/pads/fluid..No charge..that says alot to me..all I wanted was pads ...so yeah..check him out..good people

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd recommend Duralast for brake pads and rotors. FCP Euro is another but you will likely need to order online. Both these sources allow free lifetime warranty. I have 8 cars (family) that I maintain and have bought pads/rotors exactly once for each. Oldest is 27 year old Explorer. Replace it's pads many, many times over the years and all were swapped out free from AZ. Believe it or not, FCP Euro has free replacement for everything they sell...even oil! You will save hundreds or in my case with 8 cars and counting, thousands over the life of your vehicle using this product and doing the work yourself. I used regular duralast pads on the 03 Sable about a year or so ago, seem to be working/wearing just fine. Also just replaced the front pads on my dad's 2010 SHO.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts