Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a Benevento Sunroof Wind Deflector, and just got it in today. its custom made to fit on our cars. i ordered one for the 04, but they sent me one for a 00-03. assuming it would fit i guess. but i can not for the life of me figure out how to install it. it came with little clips to clip it on, but i don't see how it is possible to do it. does anyone know if the 04 sunroofs are different than the 00-03's? does anyone have a sunroof deflector? i need to know how to put this stupid thing on. if anyone has one let me know. thanks

~Sarah~

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver@Jul 7 2004, 04:11 PM
i ordered a Benevento Sunroof Wind Deflector, and just got it in today. its custom made to fit on our cars. i ordered one for the 04, but they sent me one for a 00-03. assuming it would fit i guess. but i can not for the life of me figure out how to install it. it came with little clips to clip it on, but i don't see how it is possible to do it. does anyone know if the 04 sunroofs are different than the 00-03's? does anyone have a sunroof deflector? i need to know how to put this stupid thing on. if anyone has one let me know. thanks

~Sarah~
maybe you could take pictures of the deflector laying on top of your car by your sunroof..maybe it'll help give some sort of visual for us to go by..

all the defelctors ive used just have doubled sided tape and are a breeze to put on.. :-/ lets see some pics, maybe i can figure it out

Jesse

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope. here are some pics. they might be hard to see since the thing is smoked. i can't take any of my car cause the hubbie has the car at school right now.
this pic is of the hardware they gave me.. already on the deflector. i can't figure where it would fit any where.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
all sun roof deflectors are the same, they also mount the same way.....

The little clips go under the edge of the roof, then you tighten the screws.

Brad

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jul 7 2004, 07:22 PM
all sun roof deflectors are the same, they also mount the same way.....

The little clips go under the edge of the roof, then you tighten the screws.

Brad
thats how i figured it would go, but there is no edge of the roof to clip it to. i can't really explain how the sunroof is, but i'll get a pic soon.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
i know what you mean, i believe the clips should be bent and long so that they an come down far enough to clip to somthing.

Brad

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jul 7 2004, 07:44 PM
identicle to all the gen3/4's....
alright kewl. so they are the same. do you have a sunroof? i was thinking maybe to clip it to the black piece thats kinda in the air that grabs the sunroof when you shut it, but i'm not sure if thats where it would go. other than that, the clips are very small and i don't see where i can attach them anywhere. i will try and see what happens if i bend them some. ugh.. i wish this was just one without clips.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
yes...3 out of 4 of my taurii have had moonroofs, and the black piece is not to "grab" the sunroof, it is actually a wind deflector, do not attach it to that as it is spring loaded and you will bust something.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jul 7 2004, 06:55 PM
yes...3 out of 4 of my taurii have had moonroofs, and the black piece is not to "grab" the sunroof, it is actually a wind deflector, do not attach it to that as it is spring loaded and you will bust something.

Brad
yup that black piece stops wind from blowing into the car...it makes more noise though..

Anyways, is there a 1-800 number??? If i couldn't get it to mount w/ minor fidgeting..id call rather than bust something :)

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ahhh so that black springy thing is a wind deflector? don't see how its stopping any wind. well no, i won't put it on there. i still have no clue. i'll have to see if they have a number. if not i'll go look on there website and ask someone there. maybe they sent me the wrong hardware.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts