Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while I get coupons and ads in mail for getting fuel injector cleaning done at a local chain kinda of auto shop. Does this have any benefits over buying a bottle of fuel system cleaner?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I do believe they can get them cleaner than fuel injector cleaners can, but i have also heard stories of people running Chemtool b12 directly through the fuel rail/injectors with the fuel supply cut off and it does amazing things.

But i am not familiar with what kind of pressurized pump you would need to run b12 through the injectors.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Personally I'm one behind new blueprinted injectors. Those screens get clogged up and you cant really clean them up that well. If you can get some new injectors I think this would be your best bet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Fuel Injector Flush that is performed with the fuel rail valve works pretty well. Ford has a special chemical cleaner that you mix with gas in a container that has to be pressurized with compressed air.
After you first have it done your MPG's will drop so it's a good idea to drive maybe 50-100 miles then either reset the PCM or D/C the battery so your PCM will relearn the fuel adaptives.
It made a pretty nice difference in my car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's an engine shop here that cleans them for $25 each. It's a chemical bath with supersonic excitation or something, then they flow test them. I'm sure it works great, but for $200 (V*8) I would be tempted to just spring for new injectors...

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
If I suspect clogged / dirty injectors, I pull them and send them out to get professionally ultrasonically cleaned / flowed, screen buckets replaced, etc. I have used Cruzin Performance several times and have been very happy with their services, and their prices are well under $25 per injector.

Reactions: kekaye56
1 - 6 of 6 Posts