Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just recently driving a liiiil bit too fast for conditions, lost it on a country road, fishtailed, and slammed real hard into a ditch. Didn't total my car, and drove back on my own volition.

The damages are I broke a headlight - I can get that replaced tommorow with junkyard parts

However, I also bent the frame in such a way that the hood is now a few (maybe 2) inches higher on one side than the other. The passenger side door doesn't even open anymore. What's the price for bending the frame back? I mean the usual run of the mill averages, anyone got ideas. I can get pics tommorow when its light outside.

Thanks guys!
:angry:

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
It's not technically a bent frame. The car is unibody, that can make it more complicated. You will need to take it to a decent autobody shop for a quote, it might end up costing you a chunk of change to have it put right. I've never had that done before, so I don't know what they might charge for it.

I (personally) consider anything bent like that to be totaled, not that it isn't fixable.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Yep, take it to at least a couple different shops and get estimates. This is a repair that different shops quote at wildly different prices. You might find someone who will do this for $500 and someone else who will want $5,000.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
That isnt a simple pull of the core support to get everything lined up. If the high strength steel in the "frame rails" is bent, it may not be possible to fix it at all for reasonable $$. From the damage you state, repair will cost more than the car is worth. Wifes old 01 had damage like that plus needed a hood (this was in 05). Repair estimate was $14,000, and the car was obviously totaled by the insurance company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts