Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 02 Taurus sea Vulcan flex fuel. I have it at my house due to bad master cylinder. all my tools are at my shop. I have a growling from one of my pulleys. What size wrench is needed to release the tensioner to remove the belt? I caint remember but I think it's a 14 or 15? I just wanna know for sure so I bring the proper wrench home tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
I am pretty sure it is 15 mm.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
An offset box wrench 13 mm x 15 mm it makes removing the pulley easier and
you can use it to release the serpentine belt on the tensioner

boxwrench.jpg

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i thought the older ones used a 3/8" square wrench like a breaker bar to do it.
i have a serp tool with the longer handle to get the leverage easier.

you know if your well over 100K and have never changed the water pump, now
might be a good time to do it. it will eventually leak and make a grinding noise as
the impeller scrapes against the housing.

bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That may be what I'm hearing than if I remove the belt is there a way to check witch pulley has play? It sounds like a bag of rocks begging shooken on the belt area when the engine is running but all pulleys look to spin fine and free no wobble or nothing but that's under belt tension

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I also forgot to add, the vehicle sat for like 4 months and the noise was not there before it sat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok turns out I have a lot of play in my a.c. pulley I'm just gonna bypass it for now. I know there a topic on it already but to many belt sizes and part numbers. I need the exact size for a 02 Taurus Vulcan flex fuel engine to bypass the a.c. I'm not working with alot of money and just need her drivable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts