Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my 01 taurus overhauled and completely fixed up by a friend/mechanic at his shop. everything was GREAT more than i could ever ask for for the money i paid, but like always i ###### something up

it used to squeak bad and then when it went in he fixed the squeaking as well... but i hit a pot hole and now the squeaking is back. how can i fix this? i can't believe something is bad since a couple pulleys look BRAND new so im sure he replaced them, but what do i know

-zack-

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Are you sure the squeeking is coming from the belt system and not from a damage suspension component?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it squeeks in timing with the belt rotation and does it standing still as well as moving

edit

just lowered the squeaking with some wd40 on the underside of the belt almost instantly took the obnoxiously loud sound away at idle and now its only faintly heard while driving its still annoying me tho

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (zlittell @ Jul 26 2009, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=742127
no it squeeks in timing with the belt rotation and does it standing still as well as moving

edit

just lowered the squeaking with some wd40 on the underside of the belt almost instantly took the obnoxiously loud sound away at idle and now its only faintly heard while driving its still annoying me tho[/b]

Look at your belt. Is it cracked? Its recommended to replace a belt that has more than ten cracks per inch, but if it has any cracks i'd replace it.

A cracked belt often means the belt is old, and worn out. Usually old belts are stretched and can skip or "squeel"

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (zlittell @ Jul 26 2009, 06:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=742127

edit

just lowered the squeaking with some wd40 on the underside of the belt almost instantly took the obnoxiously loud sound away at idle and now its only faintly heard while driving its still annoying me tho[/b]

Hi, just to add my two cents, I changed my belt a couple months ago and because of the automatic belt tensioner the belt squeeled and was floppy for a while till the tension device corrected the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts