Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So, I've already flushed the transmission 11K miles ago with Castrol Merc V and of course have a new filter etc. Now I know the car already has a bad motor mount but in the last year I've had it, the car hasn't ever had problems with jerking. But my car's transmission now has just BARELY begun to exhibit some symptoms of giving up. All the shift points are still normal, and there isn't any slippage, but maybe one in 15-25 shifts it will jerk very lightly usually from 1st to 2nd, or 3rd to 4th. Hard to describe, but it's like a sudden jerk when the transmission is toast, but 3 times lighter. It will also abruptly but lightly jerk from P to Reverse.

I want to know if I am going to have to get ready to buy a new transmission or not. I am curious to know if anyone has had luck with flushing the transmission and having it be fine later on, because I had a flush 11K ago and now it's exhibiting symptoms of killing over.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i am betting the jerking feeling is from the broken motor mount.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Agreed, fix the known problem first. If the jerking continues it could be ignition related. Taurus transmission failures usually result in late shift/no drive engagement.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Your engine is basically torquing itself and transmission around when you shift gears, causing a bucking feeling. You should have someone watch under the hood while you put it in gear and do a brake stand, that tell you how much bucking you get. You might need a transmission mount, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts