Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will post some here later but in case you wanted to look I have updated my car's website with beach pictures from my recent trip to South Padre Island Texas. The car looks great on the beach if I do say so myself. There is a link to my car's website in my signature.
Robert

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Looks good. I think the silver looks great on the Gen 4. Does dirt show up on the car like it does on white?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirt shows up quite a bit, but it's not as visable from a distance as it is on white. My 96 Sable was white and the silver doesn't get that dull brown look when it's dirty like white does. I still have to wash it once a week or so, although here lately haven't been able to wash her because it's rained every darned day this week.
Robert

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Well...i wash moms car once a week, so another car can be worked in, if she'll help me buy it. Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Jun 25 2004, 11:24 PM
Dirt shows up quite a bit, but it's not as visable from a distance as it is on white. My 96 Sable was white and the silver doesn't get that dull brown look when it's dirty like white does. I still have to wash it once a week or so, although here lately haven't been able to wash her because it's rained every darned day this week.
Robert
i remember when i had my silver gen3, tire shine stuff would show up SOO bad on it, it looked like crap. Just somthin to watch out for :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been there done that with my Silver Town Car. I don't use the spray and leave stuff anymore because of that. I just use good old Armor All and I spray it heavy on a microfiber towel far away from the car and then wipe it on. It's not quite as wet looking as the spray on and leave tire stuff but it looks good enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts