Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just getting a crappy battery or do I have another problem?
What could cause a 99 Taurus to consume batteries at a rate of one every 5 months? I first replaced it mid August 03. Then in early Jan 04 it died once again. Now here we are in late May 04 and it has once again given up.
There is almost no avance warning that its about to go other than very sluggish crank. Not even a Battery light.
I will get another battery as it is warrantied but would appreciate any ideas on what else may be causing this so I can head it off before late Oct/early Nov if it is other than the battery.
:thanks:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are the batteries getting tested when you take them back? I would have them test to make sure they are bad. What brand are you buying?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are tested and confirmed dead, no hope of charging. They are Motomaster brand (from Canadian Tire). Not sure who supplies them.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Check the engine ground. Also check the connections at the starter. If you have a bad starter connection, you will drain a battery very deeply each time you start the car. Ordinary car batteries can only do so many deep discharges before they are toast.

You can also get your alternator tested very cheaply at most shops. Some stereo shops and auto parts stores do it for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts