Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Battery Light

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  shoz123 
#1 ·
The battery light on my mother inlaws 95 GL with a 3.8 has been randomly going on and off this started about a month ago. I had the battery and alternator checked out at my local autozone, they said the battery was a little low and the alternator was ok, since it was the original battery I figured that it was past due for a new one. I put in a new battery and the battery light didn't come on anymore until about a month later it came on again a few times that day, but it hasn't come on for the past several days. I have checked the battery termanals, all the wires on the alternator, and the belt, all seem to be okay.
Also when the battery light started coming on again I had Autozone check the new battery and the alternator again and both checked out ok

See less See more
#3 ·
It has 151,000 miles on it, it doesn't have a gauge only stupid idiot light so I can't tell if the voltage fluctuates as I drive. Also it looks like the original alternator but I don't know for sure since the car was bought used this past August. Other than this problem the care runs and drives great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.