Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a difference from a regular cv to my cv pi in terms of a battery.
the one on the car is the original so i figure it's about time. :D

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The CVPI has a higher capacity battery (750 or 850 CCA as opposed to 650) but it's physically the same size as the one in the standard cars.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CVPI has a higher capacity battery (750 or 850 CCA as opposed to 650) but it's physically the same size as the one in the standard cars.
[/b]
is it worth getting the optima one with 850 cca around 200 bucks, or just getting the autozone gold
with the same cca.
bryan

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
is it worth getting the optima one with 850 cca around 200 bucks, or just getting the autozone gold
with the same cca.
bryan
[/b][/quote]

ask yourself this, do you love the car enough to get a 200 dollar battery for it? or just get the run of the mill regular battery for it. The optima im sure will work much better in the cold/keeping a charge over a long time, but if your driving the car often, then the autozone one should work fine.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
with the same cca.
bryan
[/b][/quote]

ask yourself this, do you love the car enough to get a 200 dollar battery for it? or just get the run of the mill regular battery for it. The optima im sure will work much better in the cold/keeping a charge over a long time, but if your driving the car often, then the autozone one should work fine.
[/b][/quote]
i don't love any of my cars. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Any new battery is better than a beat up one.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Just get the better battery. Not the good or best

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just get the better battery. Not the good or best
[/b]
thats what i did rocket cost me 100 bucks, now hopefully this cold snap will let
up and give me some time to install it. :)

the optima batteries are crazy expensive for this car and then the parts guy says to me
i need to know the clearance between tray to hood for the optima because they are higher then the normal
battery. thats when i said give me the middle of the run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts