Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 3.0
About a week ago had no turn signal on driverside rear,couple days later turn signal worked again. The airbagreadiness light came on a few times & stereo and heater went off, few minutes later turned it back on and every thing seemed fine Went out next day dead battery, charged battery when i went to hook it back up got a spark "draw" after removing fuse #33 the draw goes away. hazard flasher,cluster power,ICP,& EATC all run off same fuse. Wifes daily driver any help and or links to fair priced parts would be appreciated.Thx in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As of now i have a non stop clicking noise coming from the under dash fuse box, so far i've unplugged headlight and mfs clicking still there, any thoughts??

I removed all the relays thinking it was one of those clicking. Seems there is something inside fuse box that is making the noise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try pulling the fuses for the accessory delay relay and the battery saver
pulled accessory delay relay fuse=nothing new
pull battery saver fuse noise goes away but still have a flashing light on test light "my draw is big enough im using test light inline of batt + TO positive cable"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if i explained my problem right.
1.Wife went to start car ,battery was dead. She then told me the left rear turn signal had quick working for the last few days, but now it was working again.Also said stereo and heater quit working intermittenly.
2.Charged battery , put it back in, while hooking up the + terminal i noticed a spark. Now have a clicking noise coming from fuse box.
3. Pulled fuses 1 at a time, fuse #33 all draw goes away so does the clicking
4.After googling fuse 33, went to 2005 taurus . battery drain from fuse 33. where do i go from there
and unhooked each of these remote climate control module, the instrument cluster, the multifunction (turn signal) switch, and the integrated (climate control) module

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
accessory delay relay is pulled and stereo unhooked from control unit and trunk connections. draw was minimal i'm leavig it like this will check in morning to see if it starts, and go from there.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
The issue is probably a faulty accessory delay relay. The unit in the trunk is always powered so that's going to reduce the draw as a given. Fuse 33 powers a bunch of stuff that's supposed to be live all the time, like the instrument cluster.

Might also be a faulty LCB in the smart junction box which would necessitate a replacement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The issue is probably a faulty accessory delay relay. The unit in the trunk is always powered so that's going to reduce the draw as a given. Fuse 33 powers a bunch of stuff that's supposed to be live all the time, like the instrument cluster.

Might also be a faulty LCB in the smart junction box which would necessitate a replacement.
Whats LCB? Was hoping this was a common problem, just not my luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Battery dead again....my multi meter isnt the best but it looks like a have a 3.4 amp draw used test light also about a third of brightness compared to hooking it up across battery post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Bad alternator diode?
would that give me the problems i'm having, i have 12.9 car off and 14 running.

I have 14 volts at idle everything off, when i turn on low beams it drops to 13.6 and add heater on high it goes down to 12.8, i i raise rpm above 1000 it holds 14. weak alt.?

Still having draw issues and pulling fuse 33 it goes away. I tried un hooking each of the things that run off 33, one at a time and at same time doesn't seem to help.
Air bad readiness light is on now too,

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
would that give me the problems i'm having, i have 12.9 car off and 14 running.

I have 14 volts at idle everything off, when i turn on low beams it drops to 13.6 and add heater on high it goes down to 12.8, i i raise rpm above 1000 it holds 14. weak alt.?

Still having draw issues and pulling fuse 33 it goes away. I tried un hooking each of the things that run off 33, one at a time and at same time doesn't seem to help.
Air bad readiness light is on now too,
That does point to a weak alt, which is very common on the 06 year especially if it's still the factory one. As for the problem, you may have a defective low current board in the smart junction box. If you have a U-pull nearby it may be worth sourcing a replacement and swapping it over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That does point to a weak alt, which is very common on the 06 year especially if it's still the factory one. As for the problem, you may have a defective low current board in the smart junction box. If you have a U-pull nearby it may be worth sourcing a replacement and swapping it over.
That's my plan, thx for your time. I will update after i get the part
won't be until this weekend,hopefully i find one.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
That's my plan, thx for your time. I will update after i get the part
won't be until this weekend,hopefully i find one.
Any box from 04-07 will work, but make sure you get a "High" series box in order to preserve the keyless entry transmitter and some other high end features. It's not 100% necessary for solving the problem but you'll have to reprogram your remote and you can't if it says "BASE" on the side. You also might find a box with daytime running lights integrated. It will say "HIGH DRL" if so.

This should assist you if you're confused:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117-electronics-security-audio-visual/220825-2006-taurus-sjb.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Any box from 04-07 will work, but make sure you get a "High" series box in order to preserve the keyless entry transmitter and some other high end features. It's not 100% necessary for solving the problem but you'll have to reprogram your remote and you can't if it says "BASE" on the side. You also might find a box with daytime running lights integrated. It will say "HIGH DRL" if so.

This should assist you if you're confused:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117-electronics-security-audio-visual/220825-2006-taurus-sjb.html
Ok, i just looked at mine the number is
5F1T-14B476-cb high

my numbers are different than the ones Bull Geek posted, the ones i found on ebay show only 05-07 as option?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts