Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 taurus station wagon.
I,'ve sprayed and slammed the doors repeatedly but after the wagon goes into sleep mode, ( all lights off outside and inside) . I've found my door courtesy and dome light illuminates on its own draining my battery. Any ideas? It's appears to be the passenger door switch may not be working.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
813 Posts
2003 taurus station wagon.
I,'ve sprayed and slammed the doors repeatedly but after the wagon goes into sleep mode, ( all lights off outside and inside) . I've found my door courtesy and dome light illuminates on its own draining my battery. Any ideas? It's appears to be the passenger door switch may not be working.
They are designed to come on when you close the doors. They should time out after a short period, if not then your computer module ( probably BCM) is not controlling it properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have a idea where inside the door or what the switch looks like That everyone says to apply wd40 to? I'll look inside The door , but was curious what controls that light? A switch or contact? None of my other Ford car have this system. Where is the bcm batt control monitor? I have to disconnect the battery to keep it from activating.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
I had interior lights always on on Lin Cont. Under warranty so dealer determined that the keypad had a stuck button. They unplugged the wire inside the door while they ordered a new keypad.
Just a thought.
-chart-

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
The door ajar switch is located in the door lock assembly and hare to get to to spray WD-40, It is the purple in this assembly. Is your door ajar light on?
I have taken out one of the torx bolts near the switch that holds in the latch assembly to the door and sprayed in some WD40 but in the latch is best and cycle it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts