Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
There's a fairly substantail 60k maintenance on the Gen 1 & 2 IIRC it is listed here somewhere (try the search function) but if not it can almost certainly be found on the SHOforum. I'd recommend getting the service manual. The SHO 3.0 DOHC is a very particular beast, its care and feeding are quite specific. I've owned them in the past, they are a labor of love with a helluva payoff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, Jag. That's pretty cool. I've tried searching twice, but haven't found the one I'm actually looking for - it was a Gen2. And I just figured out why. It wasn't a thread two months ago (sorry, Jag!). It was a post in the used Taurus/Sable finds thread.

The car has sold, but I found this: At $2,000, Would You SHO Up For This Hot Rod 1994 Ford Taurus Wagon? THAT is the car. As soon as I saw the picture, I recognized it. @DeepBlueJoy Check this out. This is the one I was referring to the other day.
Even though i tend to hate two tone cars, I like the exterior. The interior lets the side down a bit. I would love to drive in it.

found these on the web:

Which would be a better car? A full SHO with a wagon body shell on, or a wagon with SHO trim with a SHO engine?

(or best yet, the folks in Dearborn could make me a SHO wagon. you know, just saying.)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts