Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
that thing was at the 2004 detroit autorama.... oh, and this is not the correct place to put threads like this. it goes into the taurus and sable related discussions

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Will the black Gen III with red flames just like on the drivers side of this one, please join the boards. This car is running around South Florida and probably doesn't know anything about us. I didn't have the time at the moment to stop and chase this car down unfortunatly, but it looked sweet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They probably could of done away with that huge white oval right underneath the head light. It doesn't look like it should be there, it's like a big wart. It really sticks out, I feel like I should go into the picture and repaint it! That's the first thing I noticed. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I guess I'm just getting old (sigh!)....

But that has to be one of the ugliest SHOs that I have ever seen!! If you're gonna do rice, that stuff looks better on something smaller like a Civic!!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
They should have kept the whole front end red. It looks like somebody puked on it! :puke:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
:funnypost: True, so Ture :lol2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
The guy that owns this SHO lives in Ypsilanti, MI. I see him all the time running around......well only on nice days anyways. I've never actually talked to him but I have heard from another member that he isnt the smartest when it comes to SHO's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i really dont like the wheels on it i think it would look alot better with like white racing rims, wut you guys think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have a sho but i do have a 1997 taurus that my mopm and dad gave to me this year cause i jsut turned 16 but any ways does any one know where i can get some good performance part for a reg taurus and some other interior/exterior parts, cause im sick of the kid at the high scholl thinking the civics and shti are badass well i wanna show them wut a taurus can do, do any one got any ideas let me know thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 98shotoy@Jun 30 2004, 03:07 AM
The guy that owns this SHO lives in Ypsilanti, MI. I see him all the time running around......well only on nice days anyways. I've never actually talked to him but I have heard from another member that he isnt the smartest when it comes to SHO's.
I believe this guy told us, when we had the Autorama meet, that his car had a chip and intake and was making like 300 HP because of that. :rolleyes:

It really was a nice paint job though, if you like that style. Not my particular flavor. But as they always say, to each their own. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Jun 30 2004, 11:48 PM
  But as they always say, to each their own.  :)
Yeah I know......I have had alot of different comments on my car as well. Sometimes you just gotta take a chance and do what ya wanna do and hopefully it goes well. I believe it was Greg that talked to him at the autorama though

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Jun 30 2004, 11:48 PM
I believe this guy told us, when we had the Autorama meet, that his car had a chip and intake and was making like 300 HP because of that. :rolleyes:

What, no HP for the paintjob? :lol2: That is the rice mentality.

Agreed with you on the paint, not my style.... :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Yeah I know......I have had alot of different comments on my car as well. Sometimes you just gotta take a chance and do what ya wanna do and hopefully it goes well. I believe it was Greg that talked to him at the autorama though
But yours looks NICE. His looks like the inside of the toilet bowl at a frat party.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Personally, I think a nice set of white baked SHO slicers woulda have looked really nice on that car. The color scheme could have been a lot better. If it were a black basecoat, I think the paintjob would have looked a lot better. Throw in some blue and purple to make the metal look like it was heated up. The flames look too fake, theres no color depth to them. It really looks like the guy did this in his garage with a few cans of spraypaint and clear coat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 2 2004, 09:24 AM
But yours looks NICE. His looks like the inside of the toilet bowl at a frat party.
Well thank you!!! :banana: :banana: Like I said......its more of the owners choice on what they like for their cars. Its a 50/50 chance that you take....just like I did with mine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This guy is on cardomain, I am feeling lazy and do not feel like searching for it. He has other pictures of it up. I think it is nicely done, not half-assed like the typical ricer, however it is not my cup of tea, but more power to him. B)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I find it humorous that he thinks he has 280hp just from a chip, K&N and UDP. That would net him MAYBE 250. On a good day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts