Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a few problems with my dealership. Here it goes: I bought a 2002 Taurus Se (Vulcan) with 62 000 Km (41 000 Miles) in July 04. I noticed that paint was chipping on it, but never had the time to take care of it. I go to a well trusted mecanic this week to get the car aligned, and he tells me the car has already been damaged, (it was rear-ended) and the frame was bent and put back to place... Now, when I bought the car ( from a Ford dealership) they told me the car had never been damaged, now, I don't even want this car anymore, i payed and signed a contract for a car that was never dammaged. I want them to exchange it for another equivalent Taurus. But they're feeding me their bullshit that they have to do an investigation on how they never knew that the car was involved in a accident... Anyways, people have been telling me that if I scream enough, i could even get a 2004 for the rest of my payments ( I paid the car 12.5 K and I live in Canada) Would that be possible? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

G

·
Call Ford a file a complaint against the dealership right away and tell them what happened and your demands and see what they say. If whoever you talk to doesn't do anything, call back and talk to somebody else. Keep calling a raising hell until somebody does something. Sorry to hear about this. :(

Ford Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Phone: 800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET. (Monday-Friday)
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET. (Saturday)

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation. I doubt they would give you a 2004 but at the very least they should replace your car with another 2002 or a 2003 of equal value. Dealerships should not be selling cars that have been involved in accidents. :angry: Here's the Canadian head office. In Canada:
Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd
Customer Relationship Centre
P.O. Box 2000
Oakville, Ontario, L6J5E4

Phone: 800-565-3673 (FORD)

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET. (Monday-Friday)
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET. (Saturday)

G

·
I would check to see if there any any consumer automotive agencies in Canada. Those will probably be a lot more effective than calling up Ford and being fed the usual bs of "we are sorry to hear of your problem, we will look into it...."

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gyus for your replys! Now, I am waiting for a call on monday morning from my dealer to tell me what they're going to do about it. I even happened to talk to the owner of the dealership, and they told me they would repaint the entire car at their expenses, but thing is that when I do sell this car, by law, I will have to tell the future owner that the car was dammaged, therefore loosing value on it. (loosing value on the price that I paid for a car that supposedly wasn't dammaged) Anyways, I will wait to see what they tell me monday, and if it doesn't please me, I will tell them that I will take leagal action. Again, thank you for all of you that replied!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Haha I get it- we're gonna play "let's get Mcloud1 really pissed at old threads getting brought back"? LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
Haha I get it- we're gonna play "let's get Mcloud1 really pissed at old threads getting brought back"? LOL
[/b]
Huh? :huh: Who cares?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
no, we're playing "hey, its spring...lets check up on the older members to see how they are doing" because we are caring people
[/b]
lol, I like the pissing mcloud off reason better.. :ph34r:

JK :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts