Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cracked rim and I never even noticed this :blink: ... I took it in to get a wheel balence and they found it thank god before something blew out on me...

its not terrible or anything its just I dont want to ride around on a cracked rim...

i found a set of Motegi rims that seem nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43956

please dont bid lol i need them <_<

my only problem is that I dont have the extra money for tires if mine dont fit onto the motegi's

I have P215/60R16 Cooper Trendsetter SE -- does anyone know if the rims will fit the taurus let alone the tires too?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, i had a feeling that was coming.

well, i'm on a search for new rims if I cant find a single SEL rim like mine thats not damaged...

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I emailed the company that posted the ebay bid, and they said that due to anti-spamming laws, they can only post 15 name brands.

Try emailing them to see what they have in a 5x108mm bolt pattern.
[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can try www.tirerack.com. I found 16" rims that'll fit your car and tires with all lugs and center-rings shipped for as low as $470 (including shipping to my zip code, shipping to your zip may vary). I recently bought a set of wheels with tires mounted and I got them the next day shipped ground. I highly recommend them.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chung chang, which wheels did you come up with that price?

I have about 1 month left before I start college, so I need to get this done lol unitll than I will drive on the cracked rim... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Hmm... Just wondering but you're willing to spend about $300+ on a set of rims, but don't have enough money for new tires because you're going to school?

Maybe you should just get one replacement rim for about $100 or so from E-bay or the local junk yard and forget about the new rims. Don't see anything there now, but SEL rims do pop up once in a while. There's also car-parts.com, $75-$100. New from the dealer they're about $200.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Jul 26 2004, 09:22 PM
chung chang, which wheels did you come up with that price?

I have about 1 month left before I start college, so I need to get this done lol unitll than I will drive on the cracked rim... :unsure:
There were several styles of wheels for $109 each. 4 come out to $436 + $30 shipping to my zip, no tax. Just click on the wheel section and select your make, year and model. Then a list of wheels will come up. You still need to mount tires and balance them which around my neighborhood cost around $15 each.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HenrySel, some people owe me some money lol so I can work out a new set of rims... i would just hate to waste new tires that are on it now...

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Check ebay again but do a search for volvo, jaguar, lincoln ls, mercury. They have the same bolt pattern and the same wheels listed are sometimes shown for the taurus. Email [email protected] and see if he still has his wheels for sale. He had 2 sets and I saw the listed on ebay a couple weeks ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts