Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know with 80 degrees outside it is idiotic to ask about a heat problem. However, I think my repair job is better done now then when it is 35 outside. When it's cold outside I have some heat (never really hot) until I turn on the fan. The higher the fan speed the colder the heat ouput, so far as if I have the fan on high it's not even lukewarm. Off course now (80ish outside), the heat seems to be fine. I read somehwere on here to flush the heater core, but can't find the article. Any help wuld be greatly appreciated
2002 Ford Taurus SE
Thanks
H.P.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Find two hoses that seem to plug into your firewall.
Pull them off and shove a garden hose in the there and flush it both directions.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
128 Posts
after you flush it with a hose, do also the Clinton flush (run a search). Basically you put the hose in your mouth and blow real hard....do this until there is no crud coming out and the water is clear. Have fun....

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (Taurusrules @ May 26 2010, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807069
after you flush it with a hose, do also the Clinton flush (run a search). Basically you put the hose in your mouth and blow real hard....do this until there is no crud coming out and the water is clear. Have fun....[/b]

Complete Clinton Flush--neighbor was nore than happy to blow the bull--realized our problen aka lack of heat was just LOW coolant--as in barely 2 quarts.

Never once overheated...OMG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts