Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Sable (Duratec 24v DOHC), and an old hose broke a little while back and began to leak fuel. A friend of mine got a rubber hose and a ring clamp from an auto parts store and put that over the hose. It slowed the leak significantly for some time, but now it is BAD. When the fuel system primes, the drips start, and when the engine is running, it trickles fuel!

Video I took of the fuel system priming (key to ON): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdKzJSmaswI

[attachment=33418:pICT0149.JPG]

I found this on RockAuto: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=488846

I have a very tight budget and can't buy something I don't need, even if it is returnable. Is there anyone out there who can verify this as being the correct part? Has anyone dealt with this before? And does anyone have instructions? I can't find anything on this hose in my Chilton manual. I also can't find a part number on the current hose.

All help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
I checked my Ford service manual and the part#9s278 is located near the gas tank at the rear of the car so that isn't the part you need.

These fuel hoses have different type connections, according to the manual need a little tool to release them.

These diagrams are hard to compare to your photo, I am seeing a 1/2 inch supply with Ford part#390882-S190

Hope this helps you a little,

one of the gas line removal tools is part# T90T-9550B or T90T-9550C
the other type is part# D87L-9280A (3/8 inch dia) D87L-9280B (1/2 inch dia)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It got me to look more carefully at the hoses. They are vacuum hoses! The one that is leaking fuel is the one coming off of the fuel pressure regulator! There is definitely not supposed to be fuel in that line.

So, I guess the fpr is bad. Do you know where I can get a new hose for the fpr vacuum line?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Junkyard. Ford will make you buy new vac lines for the entire FPR and EGR system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FPR has been replaced successfully!

I will definitely head to a junkyard for those vacuum lines. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts