Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The backup camera on my '11 Taurus as been acting up for the better part of a year now. Blue screen, displaying upside down, sometimes not displaying at all. A factory replacement costs almost $500, and these cameras are notoriously faulty.

So I went into my trunk, took out my camera, and used compressed air to clean out the wiring harness. Now it works flawlessly. The only tool you'll need to get it out is a T25 torx screwdriver head, everything else should just pop in and out of place.

I've only done this recently, so this may not be a permanent fix, but it's looked promising so far.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
464 Posts
The backup camera on my '11 Taurus as been acting up for the better part of a year now. Blue screen, displaying upside down, sometimes not displaying at all. A factory replacement costs almost $500, and these cameras are notoriously faulty.

So I went into my trunk, took out my camera, and used compressed air to clean out the wiring harness. Now it works flawlessly. The only tool you'll need to get it out is a T25 torx screwdriver head, everything else should just pop in and out of place.

I've only done this recently, so this may not be a permanent fix, but it's looked promising so far.
Maybe a little contact cleaner as well, followed with some dielectric grease?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts