Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my new (to me) 2013 Taurus SHO, the backup camera image seems cloudy. I tried cleaning the lens a couple of times, but it hasn't improved. I was wondering if this is something that happens and what the fix might be? I can't see any obvious moisture or dirt in it.

Anyone have a similar issue or know how to improve the image clarity?

·
Registered
572 Posts
My first guess would have been condensation on the lens, but you said you couldn't see any. That said, it's possible that any condensation could have dried up and spotted the lens, resulting in the cloudy image. This can be hard to detect as it requires the right lighting and viewing angle in order to see any residue on the lens, so don't assume that it's clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I got a good look at it in the sun earlier today and still couldn't see any noticeable flaws. Maybe its just the way it is. I've been searching eBay to see if there were any replacement cameras I could swap in but am not having any luck. It's not a show stopper at the moment, just me nit picking the new ride. If I can get a good photo of the image during the day, I'll post it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2018 is like that too. Cleaned with micro cloth, still foggy. There are replacement cameras (OEM) on Ebay, but they're over 300 dollars. Yike! I wonder if removing the camera and putting it in a bag of rice would clear it up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts