Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on some Taurus' that have leather seats, that there's an armrest that folds down from the backseat. My '99 has cloth seats and no armrest, and I'd like to get a seat with an armrest if possible. So my question is, were there cloth seats made with armrests in the Gen 3's? If so, where could I get one? None of the junkyards anywhere around me have anything newer than Gen 2's, and even on those the interiors are rotted out. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silvapain, if you could get a pic, that would be great. I've never seen the cloth seats with the fold-down armrest.

Are there any differences between the SHO and the SLO rear seats? Like do the SHO ones have "SHO" embroidered on them or anything?

The reason I don't switch to leather is because of the major temperature differences where I live. The seats would be too hot in the summer and too cold in winter. That, and you said that Brad's seats were tan, and the interior of my car is gray. Thanks though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 16 2004, 01:01 PM
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I was thinking of my old car. I guess I should have checked the car before I opened my mouth. I don't have the fold-down armrest. Sorry.
LOL That's OK.

Does anybody know of cloth seats with the fold-down armrest on the SLO's?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by 99GBlue@Jul 16 2004, 11:51 AM
Are there any differences between the SHO and the SLO rear seats? Like do the SHO ones have "SHO" embroidered on them or anything?
The seats are different. The fronts have "wings" to add lateral support. The rear seats have a handle integrated into the top of the seat to activate the split fold seat instead of the strap sticking out.

I like my leather seats, but the ex-girlfriend's dog trashed the rear :angry: .... did I mention EX-girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by 99GBlue+Jul 16 2004, 04:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (99GBlue @ Jul 16 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jul 16 2004, 01:01 PM
Wow, I feel like an idiot.  I was thinking of my old car.  I guess I should have checked the car before I opened my mouth.  I don't have the fold-down armrest.  Sorry.
LOL That's OK.

Does anybody know of cloth seats with the fold-down armrest on the SLO's? [/b][/quote]
My car has the cloth seats with the 60/40 split fold downs and the arm rest. I'll take a picture in a few.....

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
let me correct that...96-97 had the top latch on the seat....98-99 had the strap you pull....

Almost every gen 3 taurii with fold down seats, reguardless of leather or cloth has a rear arm rest. The ones with no fold down had none (to my knoledge).

Brad

PS the tan leather seats are still for sale and MAD CHEAP!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just looking through some Gen 3 SHO's at cardomain to see what the seats looked like, and I was really intrigued by the front seats. They looked a helluva lot comfier than the seats in my car. Is there a noticeable difference in comfort between the SHO's front seats and the regular fronts?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts

Almost every gen 3 taurii with fold down seats, reguardless of leather or cloth has a rear arm rest. The ones with no fold down had none (to my knoledge).
I looked at my 1997 Sable GS escaped the factory without the arm rest. I do have fold down seats. My interior is the most basic, I don't even have map pockets. I did get power seats somehow. :huh: :blink:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by 99GBlue@Jul 17 2004, 11:28 AM
I was just looking through some Gen 3 SHO's at cardomain to see what the seats looked like, and I was really intrigued by the front seats. They looked a helluva lot comfier than the seats in my car. Is there a noticeable difference in comfort between the SHO's front seats and the regular fronts?
The front seats from the SHO have more lateral support, but I don't think are much better in terms of comfort. The one major drawback of the Gen 3 Taurus's seat is the headrests. They absolutely suck, even on the SHO. The older models (Gen 1) had larger headrests... and notice the Gen 4's have larger headrests too.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by spridget+Jul 21 2004, 06:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spridget @ Jul 21 2004, 06:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-99GBlue@Jul 17 2004, 11:28 AM
The front seats from the SHO have more lateral support, but I don't think are much better in terms of comfort. The one major drawback of the Gen 3 Taurus's seat is the headrests. They absolutely suck, even on the SHO. The older models (Gen 1) had larger headrests... and notice the Gen 4's have larger headrests too. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, gen 4 headrests are large enough to put LCD screens in for those freekz that add dvd players and shiznit to their cars.

I have never seen it done but I am pretty sure it a decent size (5 inch) screen would fit nicely.

-Damon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts