Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got her back from the dealer today. Here is what was done:

A/C Clutch Cycle switch leaking, replaced. System Evacuated and Recharged, works good now.

Silent Recall/TSB done on Heater Box

MAF replaced.

Seems to be running good now, and then it happened. I saw the damage on the rear bumper, somebody hit the damn thing. After "Enhancing my Calm" I got the manager who apologized, took a damage report and will now have it fixed, along with a full interior and exterior detail as well as some free maintenance service. (oil changes/tire rotations ETC.....)

I just took back the service loaner a 2004 Grand Marquis, I can get another, it was that or a Sable GS Wagon (Vulcan) No thanks, I'll take the Grand Marquis.

Shoot me now.

DAMNIT!!! I even spelled Bi**h wrong!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:eek: Just not a good time to have a bull. Sounds like you'll be taken care of now, if the manager is apologizing to you.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I don't understand why you are upset. :headscratch: I would be happy in your situation. A full interior and exterior detail is not cheap! Plus, now they will be on their best behavior for you. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, but it's just the point that it happened. And I even pulled it into the service bay the night before so it was not in the general lot.

In the end, I know I will make out, but I am just a little pissed off now.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
...understandable. I'm used to my car being violated when I'm not around. :blink: It has been backed into three times since I got it.

The one jackass didn't even have the cognizance to move his car when he did it. I came out of the pet store to find a late-70s Lincoln pressed INTO my bumper. :angryfire: It had those stupid "bumperette" things, and one of them was pushing the bumper skin in like 1.5". I was like, "come on... you didn't even have time to move to another spot, or at least back it up 6 inches?" I waited around as long as I could, but I had to get back to work and there was no real damage done anyway.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a better view of the bumper. Damn, it may not be just a simple touch up.

It is not cracked, but there are gouges in it from the licence plate bracket on the other vehicle.

I'm better about it now, but it just sucks. :angry:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. I have a neighbor that has a Chevy 1500 and doesn't know how to parellel park the damn thing. He's bumped my car which is black, buffing the marks out on that is a pain in the arse, also my ma's 96 t-bird and dads 95 Crown. I try not to park on the street near him but sometimes I have no choise. Fortunatly he's not cause major scratches or cracks. So far. But that's ok, someone put sugar in his gas tank at his work a while back and the thing hasn't run the same since, so it was an intervention or something. :D Besides that, the guys a jurk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.