Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got back from a 2 week trip to Europe last night at around 10. All I can say is wow, it's amazing. If you have any questions, just ask.

Anyway, 16 days without the TCCA is a LONG time. Basically, what have I missed? I just noticed the StormTrooper is for sale, but did anything else happen that's of interest?

J

·
0 Posts
I can't remember yesterday, let alone what happened over the last 2 weeks! :lol: Glad to hear your trip went well, my cousin took a trip touring Europe and was also very impressed. Welcome back! (I'm sure you really want to be back in Ohio :rolleyes: ) :)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went to England (London), France (Caen, Paris), and Italy (Venice, Florence, Rimini, and Rome).

Actually Jason, it's a pretty nice day out today, so I don't mind as much.Ohio's just missing all the history that's pretty much everywhere in Europe.
Towards the end I was actually looking forward to coming back just a little. As much as I wanted to stay, I was also anxious to see my family again.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Jul 1 2004, 04:32 PM
We went to England (London), France (Caen, Paris), and Italy (Venice, Florence, Rimini, and Rome).

Actually Jason, it's a pretty nice day out today, so I don't mind as much.Ohio's just missing all the history that's pretty much everywhere in Europe.
Towards the end I was actually looking forward to coming back just a little. As much as I wanted to stay, I was also anxious to see my family again.
Yeah, today was an amazingly nice day. And I sort of forgot about the whole family thing, lol. But in terms of just Ohio vs. Europe who wins? ;) :p

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Rob,

Am curious of your insights/opinions of Italy. I was in Europe about three years ago (England, France, Switzerland and Italy). I have my own opinions/insights on Italy but want to see what you got to say. I'm curious if you noticed the same things i did.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hightecredneck@Jul 2 2004, 06:45 PM
Rob,

Am curious of your insights/opinions of Italy. I was in Europe about three years ago (England, France, Switzerland and Italy). I have my own opinions/insights on Italy but want to see what you got to say. I'm curious if you noticed the same things i did.
The biggest thing that influenced me in Italy was language. I know French, and of course English, but Italian was a bit of a struggle.
It seems to me like you noticed something very different from the other countries, and unless I'm missing something very obvious, there wasn't too big of a difference between Italy and the others. It did seem a little less advanced and poorer than the other two countries, but I don't know if that's what you're getting at.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
if i were to judge which Euro country is better/ideal/perfect...i would have to go with scandinavian countries perhaps Sweden. Good people, good history (not known for major violence or world domination or ...well you know what i am getting at), culture, customs, etc are great. Low crime rate, VERY high standard of living....great places :D

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0+Jul 3 2004, 11:41 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97GreenStreak3.0 @ Jul 3 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hightecredneck@Jul 2 2004, 06:45 PM
Rob, 

The biggest thing that influenced me in Italy was language. I know French, and of course English, but Italian was a bit of a struggle.
It seems to me like you noticed something very different from the other countries, and unless I'm missing something very obvious, there wasn't too big of a difference between Italy and the others. It did seem a little less advanced and poorer than the other two countries, but I don't know if that's what you're getting at. [/b][/quote]
I loved the country and the history that was there in Italy (and i am by no means knocking it) but i was a bit surprised by how polluted/dirty it was and how it just seemed like the country mainly thrived on tourism. I mean this is the country that brought us many of the classic arts and many famous architectural monuments but now it seems that they thrive on what their forefathers accomplished instead of continuing on the traditions and creativity of old days.

I enjoyed it there very much but by about the end of the first week it was just something that just hit me and have wondered since if it has occurred to anyone else that has visited there. But i guess that could be said the same about other countries also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts