Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some Taurus had the body colored B-pillars.... what does it take to get them off a JY car, and then replace them on my car?

Are they bolted or riveted or glued or what?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i would assume they are glued cause i tried to get them of my car one day (dont know why lol) i couldnt find any screws or bolts and i could not get them off for the life of me. so i would assume glue...

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I know some Taurus had the body colored B-pillars.... what does it take to get them off a JY car, and then replace them on my car?

[/b]
They're... the door...

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
They would have to be painted.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i was wondering that i wonder how much of a PITA it is to remove the black covers? and what condition the paint under it would be in. on the gen 1(i think on gen 2 also) the black is just a sticker sort of. on the gen 3/4 it is a piece that fits over the edge of the door that is painted black.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>I know some Taurus had the body colored B-pillars.... what does it take to get them off a JY car, and then replace them on my car?

[/b]
They're... the door...
[/b][/quote]

:withstupid:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah.... I'm thinking about body color though... and I don't have any spraypaint that is body color... I was thinking it would be cheaper to just send the 4 pieces to the painter, than to get custom spraypaint mixed.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
If you can find your paint color somewhere should be able to mix you up a can and put it in a spray can. There's an autopart store nearby that does this. You can get a large can for under $15 in whatever color you're looking for.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you can find your paint color somewhere should be able to mix you up a can and put it in a spray can. There's an autopart store nearby that does this. You can get a large can for under $15 in whatever color you're looking for.
So go be a trooper and send him up a can and charge him what it costed you shipped?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts