Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling an AXOD transmission from my 1988 Ford Taurus. Comes with transaxle, torque converter, and kickdown cable attached and in good condition. It will fit a Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable any from years 1986 to 1990. This transmission has been rebuilt not to long before I bought the car and not once ever have me problems or shifted wrong. The car it came out of was well taken care of and had a good sized tranny cooler installed so transmission never overheated or shifting problems. Fluids always been changed and filter. Transmission currently has good fluid and filter and doesn't leak. All gears work, parking mechanism works. Reverse, OD, D, 2, 1 all shifts great.

Don't junk your 86, 87, 88, 89, or 90 Taurus or Sable because of a tranny problem. The car this came out of I convertered to a SHOwagon.

Any question, make a post or PM me. Its located in Lake Worth, FL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am interested in your transmission. I have repaired a Taurus 90 that was in a garage for 2 years. Everything is ok engine, suspension, driver train. My big problem is the transmission i cant have it repaired. I bought one already but didnt came with torque converter and it works when the car is lifted up, on the floor the oil seems to overheat and only works 10 meters then stops.
I live in Bolivia (south america) any suggestions will be apreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bump: with pics. Taken when I had it out at Taurus-Garage in Germany. Looks the same.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts