Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 that had an AXOD-E Tranny in it, I recently had to have the transmission rebuilt and the case replaced the new case is stamped AXOD. Since the rebuild I have had nothing but problems, I also noted that some of the wiring to the transmission was changed from original. I have had the car completely shut down on me twice while driving, the transmission is awful, slamming into gear and vibrating the entire car and the transmission shop will admit wrong doing. I have brought it back to them 4 separate occasions. It has very little miles on it and is terrible. My questions are as follows: first, besides the stamping on the case, are the cases for the AXOD and AXOD-E different from each other at all, and for those of you who may have experience what is my recourse for damages to my car, and recouping the money that was thrown away. Ford had already had to repair the wiring harness twice because of shorts thanks to their rewiring job and has recommended a full transmission and now wiring harness replacement because there are more shorts in the wires.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have the 3.0 or 3.8 L engine? The 3.8L engine is known to have a wiring harness that runs across the top of the trans/engine joining area that rubs through and shorts/grounds out wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts