Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can tell which filter I need for my AX4N in my 1999 Duratec? They sell 2, one with a green seal and another with an orange seal. My pan has that orange sticker on the bottom of it which I believe makes the difference, but it doesn't help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about ordering it online which is why I asked. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go in to buy it.

Are some filters better than others, or are they all just as good? I've been thinking about getting it from Advance Auto Parts, they sell ATC kits.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
im assuming you match the colors up?

mine has a green seal.

-DC

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to match the colors up, too bad I have to buy the filter before I can drop the pan to find out what color it is. Unless you have x-ray vision and can see through trans pans. <_<

I was wondering if certain brands are better than others.

Someone here must have a 1999 with an AX4N that knows what color their seal was. I am assuming that Ford most likely used the same color that year (of course, this is Ford we are talking about). I know this one, my dad's, and the 1999 I owned before this one had that orange sticker on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I shouldn't assume.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
u know what it means to assume??? (a$$ u me) :) In other words, you make an a$$ out of you and me. lol. My AX4N has a green seal. And I have a 97 GL. Good luck

·
Registered
313 Posts
My 97 GL's filter was Orange. I was going to buy online but ended up going to the dealership because the price difference wasn't that much different. Wasn't worth it with the shipping and wait for it to arrive.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Just to let you know. I have a vulcan engine, but a AX4N transmission. Like I said my filter is Green. I think that's your best bet. You should call your local stealership and ask them what color it should be.

Adam

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I bought both of them from Advance last night and they are both the exact same filter, but the green seal is a little larger than the orange one. We'll see what happens when I get it apart this weekend.

Too bad I told the guy VIN "S" so I would get the right intake manifold gaskets and he still screwed that up and gave me the intake kit for the Vulcan. Grrr....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts