Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trans is 1998 SHO AX4N, and I have to have selector in (2) to move from a dead stop, but once car is moving at 10mph I can shift to (D) and trans will shift thru all gears and then I have to repeat all over again when I come to next stop. I have pulled VB off twice, once to look it over/clean and 2nd time to install some upgrades. Both times when I reinstall VB it shifted great thru all gears, but each time I drove it hard and fast (120) a couple of times the same problem came back. I realy believe it's in the VB. What piston or part of VB should I be looking at for a problem (sticking, binding valve) What should ohm reading be for each valve. Could pump bearing seal be bad. Checked pump and it seems to be working. Also, there is no reverse. Thanks Matthew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exactly same problem

Matthew,

I have a 1997 Taurus V6 Duratec - A4XN. Im writing from Brazil. 2 weeks ago my ford presented the exact same issue, only runs from complete stop with selector in (2) and then when its about 15km/h or 10mph i shift it to D and then it goes thru all gears. I also dont have reverse and no traction at all in 1st gear. I tried to shift into 1 in downhills and i noted the engine can "hold" the car but no forward at all if I step on gas.

When you mentioned VB, i believe you meant valve body, right? I havent taken the car to the shop yet. Ill apreciate any information youve got. Ill post any answers i get from shop in the future.

p.s. This is a rare trouble, and a big coincidence we have same issue.

Cheers
Zag

1 - 2 of 2 Posts