Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus wagon with 135,000 miles on it. I had troubles with my transmission (AX4N) with the codes P0743, P0750, and P0755 and the one fuse that kept blowing. So the diehard I am I replaced all the shift sensors (all 3), the TCC, and the EPC (All NEW parts) since I did not want to go in and change them after a few miles. Well I took the car out on a ride and guess what? All three codes came back again. Anyone have any clue what could have happened that the codes came back. Yes I did clear the codes and had the battery disconnected for about 2 weeks. Thanks in advanced.

Jim

·
Registered
374 Posts
Given all three codes present and the fuse popping, I would say an issue in the wiring, it may have rubbed bare or burned through and is looking for a path to ground (Which it uses the fuse to do, thus overloading it).

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
^^^^ +1

Sounds like a harness short to ground problem. Are you sure there werent and rub thrus on the harness inside the tranny?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This may take a while

This may take a while to trace. I now also have the evap. canister code and also an o2 sensor code in the mix. Lucky me. I will keep you all informed

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts