Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Mercury Sable with 3.0l DOHC with 49k miles. (Grandma Special)
I purchased it 16 months ago with 34,000 miles on it. At that point time I change the transmission fluid and filter. The vehicle has had service every three months ever since it was brand new.

A few days ago I was driving and I noticed that the transaxle light came on. I pulled over To check the transmission fluid. The transmission fluid was fine. I haven’t had any leaks in my driveway or where I park at work. I used a scan tool and no codes come up with the transaxle light on and off.

The transaxle light usually comes on in between 40 and 60 miles an hour. if I keep on the gas pedal during 40 to 60 miles an hour and keep it at a steady pace it won’t come on but I can tell that it’s not going in to overdrive Because of where the RPMs are.

Is this something as simple as the transmission range sensoror is it something more difficult like a transmission solenoi?

·
Super Moderator
8,129 Posts
You can use a good scan tool like Forscan to see what gear the TRS is telling the PCM has been selected. This should rule in / rule out a TRS issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts