Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an orange sticker on my transmission pan, it says DO NOT SERVICE, then in smaller print US and Canadian Dealers only1995 ax4n replacement program See Tsb xxx-x please call blah blah (cant make it out on the picture i took, and a void after date. Does this mean my car has a newer transmission since its build date was 11/94? Thanks

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
There is an orange sticker on my transmission pan, it says DO NOT SERVICE, then in smaller print US and Canadian Dealers only1995 ax4n replacement program See Tsb xxx-x please call blah blah (cant make it out on the picture i took, and a void after date. Does this mean my car has a newer transmission since its build date was 11/94? Thanks
I'm not sure. It has probably been serviced/rebuilt/worked on, there's probably very few left with an untouched transmission.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Do Not Serv.

I had one on a new Lincoln, 1996.

I asked dealer and they said, if it was serviced, like fluid change, they call the number and some service would pay them to mail a sample of the fluid to the factory for analysis. Was on a random number of vehicles, so if the first fluid change was before a certain date, they wanted to sample the fluid, if after the date they did not want a sample of fluid, and did not want to pay the servicing dealer.

Just my take. Mine was not serviced within the end date.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
My "new" '95 has the same sticker. It has the AX4N transmission. I saw a copy of the TSB awhile ago and if I remember, it was for a fluid sample to test the reliability of the AX4N.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My '97 had the same yellow sticker on the transmission. The void date was at the end of the '97 year, with a TSB quoted and an 800 number to call. Makes a nice souvenir.

Haha yes, that is why I bought this car, issues and all. It only has 128k, no rust, newer Electric Red paint, near perfect interior, and nice options for a paltry $600. I will intend to keep things like that on the car, love that it is 16 and still shows things like that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts