Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Taurus with the ax4n tranny. The cooler return line that goes in the radiator (just above the lower radiator hose) is leaking. I have bought several different disconnect tools, but none of them work. Any idea what size it takes? The tools listed for the aox are too small, also my 8 piece set goes to 3/8 and is still too small. The other problem i am having is finding the right part....Ford said they quit making that hose and none of the local parts stores list it (it runs from the lower radiator passenger side to approx 1/2 way to the drivers side or right to left, it then connects to another hose which enters the top fitting on the tranny) Please help...it may use a stepped tool? not sure... any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
If I were you I'll just cut that hose and install an auxiliary cooler and bypass the radiator; because those hoses are not available anymore.
Thats what I did long time ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad it was a 3/8! I got it apart Fri and ordered a repair kit from Ford. My guess is it has a few barbed compression fittings in it and a piece of hose. I will know on Tues. It does have an auxillary cooler, but the line runs through the radiator first so simply cutting a line won't work. I could grind the glorified fittings off and attach a piece of hose. I think i will just wait and see what the kit looks like.
Thanks for the feed back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts