Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Freaking awesome. The Mustang is so dawg awesome sexy, and the GT....*drool.* My garage will someday have them both

But...the...silver car (suprise hidden, it suprised me)? Concept? I've never even heard of a new one before.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the grey one was the new Shelby Cobra concept car.

It is a Cobra concept. I watched the video again and right after the shot where the show the driver of the grey car, you see above the license plate "cobra" written on the body.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
The silver one is the new Cobra. It's a redesign of the original made by Carol Shelby. In fact, the "cobra" mustangs produced by the SVTeam aren't really cobras... just a little Ford trivia for ya.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Awesome!

Now just imagine if Ford made that a commercial during the Superbowl or whatever and had the entire video with just the music and then when the three cars come together words pop up on the screen that say "Have you driven a Ford lately? Talk about blowing Chevy's lame a** commercial outta the water.

P.S. I know the slogan is pretty outdated, but hey it worked for em then, retro is in btw.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you driven a Ford lately? is an awesome slogan!
They should have the new mustang, burning out and flying through tight corners, etc. as in that video then have the new F-150 FX4 off road splashing through a bunch of mud and everything. Then have like an Explorer and or Excursion 4x4 in snow or something, then have a super duty truck (diesel) pulling something huge in some extreme off-road conditions, then show a Duratec Taurus with a family in it making extreme maneuvers to avoid a road hazard on the highway and capture the sound of secondaries opening up
Then have a crown vic police car roaring after some "bad guy" (make sure to capture then engine sound) and make sure the bad guy is driving a Chevy
- Then show a T-bird and capture the roar of the engine somehow as it goes by on a country road for an afternoon cruise. Then have all the vehicles meet up at one spot from all different directions, stop in some kind of formation, then Just bring up a big blue oval and fade in white text at the bottom saying "Have you driven a Ford lately?" Now that would sell some Fords!

Now I'm all excited just thinking about that!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by biteableniles@Jan 30 2004, 12:42 AM
Jason, you gave me goosebumps
I gave myself goosebumps - I SOOO need to get the Ford marketing dept. to do something with this! I wouldn't even want any money for the idea (not that it's all that difficult to come up with) - I'd just LOVE to see an ad like that!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by jason8225@Jan 29 2004, 09:32 PM
...Then have all the vehicles meet up at one spot from all different directions, stop in some kind of formation, then Just bring up a big blue oval and fade in white text at the bottom saying "Have you driven a Ford lately?" ....
...do you mean somethign like to this?!?

http://65.43.93.54/videos/chevy04_commercial_512.wmv

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you watch the Superbowl pre-game show Ford is going to run two new commercials for the first time. It is going to be a commercial featuring a red GT and the car will be put through it's paces on a track with good shots of the interior & exterior.

The tagline for the commercial will be: "The pace car for an entire company"

Watch for it!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:jawdrop: Excuse me... I need to go change my pants now.... Btw... the GT vids for Sunday I have had for over a week... those have the same effect on me....

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Jan 30 2004, 12:32 AM
then show a Duratec Taurus with a family in it making extreme maneuvers to avoid a road hazard on the highway and capture the sound of secondaries opening up
Duratec past mid-2000 has no secondaries.

·
Registered
746 Posts
if you look closely at the video they arent really driving the cobra
. looks like it was just kind of added in with a computer.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I always thought Ford could make one hell of a commercial for their trucks. It would be awesome to see an Explorer pulling a broken down TrailBlazer, while to its side is an Expedition pulling a broken down Tahoe, and the other side is a new F-150 pulling a broken down Silverado.

Leading the pack would be a Sonic Blue Lightning pulling a brand new Mustang GT. *drools*

But the best part is to show an old First generation Lightning pull up beside the new L pulling a fully restored 1969 Boss 429 CobraJet Mustang. The camera could zoom in on the odometer and somewhere over 200,000 miles would be on there (I met a guy with a 1993 Lightning that had just rolled over 200K miles on his original drivetrain).

Then the words, "We think quality speaks for itself. Build something right the first time, and the quality will sell the vehicle. Throughout the years, Ford has been honored to have the top selling pickup and pony cars in its class for over 30 years. Here's to quality!"

"Built Ford Tough...there is no substitue."

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
TLCs Rides had a show on the new shelby corbra... theres only one in the world and 90% of it is hand made...so of course ford isnt going to play around with it or risk their baby getting brusied

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Twilight+Feb 2 2004, 02:16 PM-->QUOTE (Twilight @ Feb 2 2004, 02:16 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
@Jan 30 2004, 12:32 AM
then show a Duratec Taurus with a family in it making extreme maneuvers to avoid a road hazard on the highway and capture the sound of secondaries opening up
Duratec past mid-2000 has no secondaries.
[/b]
damn <_< you can tell I'm a vulcan lover

1 - 20 of 21 Posts