Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to AutoZone after work in my Gen 4 to pick up a couple of things for the 87 Taurus work I'm doing this weekend. Decided to check fluids before leaving incase I was low and needed something.

Said Hi to the guy parked next to me (coincidently driving a Gen 4 Taurus too). He said Hey man, nice car (or nice Taurus) I forget.

I don't normally hear that, so caught me offguard. "Thanks man! What year is your car? 2003?"...and went on from there.

Guy knows about this club, SHOs, Centennials, knew the name for his motor, Big C Snow's Continental engine swap, etc. Told him to check the site out again and this site's competitor.

So that was pretty cool! Never expected to have that happen around here.

Don't want to use your name incase you don't want it posted, but it was good meeting you in the parking lot and your DSG 2003 SES looked to be in great shape!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Nice! I love when those spontaneous things happen. There's a Bull lover behind the counter at my Advance Auto, we get tied up good when I see him!

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I've had that happen a couple times around here also. The best time was when I pulled in next to a red '03 sedan and went inside. When I came out the guy was walking around the wagon with a surprised look on his face. I clicked the doors so the lights would come on and he jumped and turned to see me. We talked for almost 30 minutes and he had me show him everything I did to the wagon. When I lifted the hood, just about everyone in the parking lot came around the car. I love the reactions I get from people now..LOL

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I've had that happen a couple times around here also. The best time was when I pulled in next to a red '03 sedan and went inside. When I came out the guy was walking around the wagon with a surprised look on his face. I clicked the doors so the lights would come on and he jumped and turned to see me. We talked for almost 30 minutes and he had me show him everything I did to the wagon. When I lifted the hood, just about everyone in the parking lot came around the car. I love the reactions I get from people now..LOL
From the pics I've seen, your engine compartment is F'-in awesome dlc!

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
^+1!!! Ol dlc360 thought the guy was impressed with the wagon and engine, but what really caught his eye was the trophy girl bound and gagged in the back, lol!!!

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Went to AutoZone after work in my Gen 4 to pick up a couple of things for the 87 Taurus work I'm doing this weekend. Decided to check fluids before leaving incase I was low and needed something.

Said Hi to the guy parked next to me (coincidently driving a Gen 4 Taurus too). He said Hey man, nice car (or nice Taurus) I forget.

I don't normally hear that, so caught me offguard. "Thanks man! What year is your car? 2003?"...and went on from there.

Guy knows about this club, SHOs, Centennials, knew the name for his motor, Big C Snow's Continental engine swap, etc. Told him to check the site out again and this site's competitor.

So that was pretty cool! Never expected to have that happen around here.

Don't want to use your name incase you don't want it posted, but it was good meeting you in the parking lot and your DSG 2003 SES looked to be in great shape!
I've always wondered if there were more club members around my area. Cool story. :lol2:

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I've always wondered if there were more club members around my area. Cool story. :lol2:
I know there's a couple of us lurking around here in Rochester besides myself somewhere, just haven't caught them on the road yet. There is a mint ride being driven around by (former? bailed to TSOC?) member BabySHO. Taurus owners are like pot smokers, you can tell one if you are one.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
^+1!!! Ol dlc360 thought the guy was impressed with the wagon and engine, but what really caught his eye was the trophy girl bound and gagged in the back, lol!!!
Why do you think I have a wagon, to carry more trophy girls comfortably, and of course the cargo cover and dark windows in back so you cant see them from outside......... B)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts