Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal i bought window deflectors for my car, They have been on there for a few years well recently the 3m tape started to get brittle and the deflectors stated to fall off. My back passenger one was flopping in the wind while driving so i took it off and threw it in the trunk, For the three days being in the truck it broke. My question is does anybody have a receipt from there purchase of the autovent shade deflectors, That way it will be under warranty so i don't have to go out a buy a new set just for one. I think they are under warranty still?? Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Try calling the company. You might not even need the reciept. I think they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
YES, just call or write the company and they are covered. Just dont tell them they broke in your trunk, say they broke when they fell off due to tape letting go. I had trouble with the tape on mine and called asking to even buy some new tape. They said it was covered and ended up sending me 2 full rolls of tape at no charge. They have probably the best coverage of any product out there, even if your not the original buyer, as long as you have there product its covered, no questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called them and told them the 3m tape got brittle and the window deflector got cracked. They asked if i had receipt i said no, they were a gift. They want me to take a picture of the cracked deflector on the car with company logo. Hope this works.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
This morning I went to the junkyard and bought a set of ventvisors for a friend's Intrepid that I had spotted last time I was there. Turns out one of them was broken...

I did the exact same thing you did. Gave them a call and told them it fell off the car and broke, and I've had them for a while and don't have the receipt.

They asked for a picture of the damage, and after I emailed it to them, I instantly got a reply asking for my mailing address.

So we are in the exact same spot now...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jul 10 2009, 01:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738406
This morning I went to the junkyard and bought a set of ventvisors for a friend's Intrepid that I had spotted last time I was there. Turns out one of them was broken...

I did the exact same thing you did. Gave them a call and told them it fell off the car and broke, and I've had them for a while and don't have the receipt.

They asked for a picture of the damage, and after I emailed it to them, I instantly got a reply asking for my mailing address.

So we are in the exact same spot now...[/b]

What address do i email them to. They want me to send them picture's, It would be faster to email them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
They had me send them to the email address of the representative I spoke with on the phone. She asked if I could email them pictures and then she gave me her email address. I would call them back and explain the situation again and ask if you can email the pictures.

Also, I got an email the next day with an order number and a shipping quote of 7-10 days :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Today I recieved a brand new full set of ventshades!!!!!! Wow, that even surprised me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jul 15 2009, 05:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739697
Today I recieved a brand new full set of ventshades!!!!!! Wow, that even surprised me.[/b]

I called them back and told them my situation, emailed pics to them. Got a email 10 minutes later stating that the have shipped a new full set to me. Great customer service, Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts