Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 Ford Taurus Wagon, 3.8 recently had tranny rebuilt and have reinstalled it. Several problems first, after hooking everything back up car would not start turned over but never started, couldn't find the problem so sent it too the shop. Finally, they got it going said it was the O2 sensor since it had cost 5 hours of labour I just had it disconnected. Wife picked the car up and drove it home on the way it started acting up the car apparently downshifts without warning jumping and the tach jumps up as if it was thrown suddenly into neutral. Also airbag code 45 comes on I don't know what this code is. any help or ideas please Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing speed sensor was off hooked it back up good for about five miles then the same thing happened again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just did a search for speed sensors and found this. My '93 Sable was down shifting suddenly so I pulled codes. Continues memory code 452 showed up with no engine light on. Code definition is vehicle speed sensor signal to small(bad translator?). It only acts up after hot start or town low speed driving. Seems to be marginal and the heat is causing it to break down, it was almost 100 to day. Once on highway it stops acting up. My car has a 3.8 so getting to the sensor is going to be dificult but I found that the sensor should read from 190 to 250 ohms. The inttermitant nature of the problem is going to make a test when acting up very hard. I do not see the no start conection to the o2 sensor. Can somebody answer this? I doen't know about the air bag part but my code book says code 45 is Thermactor air flow is always upstream during engine run self test or distributorless ignition system problems - primary circuit failure in coil 1,2,3 or 4. But since you done't have either system it beats me what it means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts