Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Having a code alarm 7600 installed in my 2003 taurus. I was told by my Installer that there mite be a chance that the key will have to be left in the ignition in order for the car to start . Now what is the scence of having remote start if the key has to be left in the ignition in order for the car to start? I thought there was a bypass switch available to eliminate this problem. Please help thanx <_<

·
Registered
746 Posts
there is a solution for this dilema, a qualified installer should know how to do it.

when they install the remote start they can take one of your spare keys, cut it open and take the chip out of it, and install it in the car to bypass the PATS system. they did this for my car and it works flawlessly

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
They don't really take the chip out, you're supposed to cut the teeth end off the key so it can't be used to turn the ignition cylinder. When you initiate a remote start, the remote start powers the transponder module and an antenna relays the transponder signal to the sensor in the steering column. The remote start sequence will cut off if the brake pedal is pressed (nessesary to take the car out of gear) and in addition the steering wheel will lock if it is turned without the key in the cylinder. Since the alarm and remote start are one unit in my car and the alarm still functions normally with the exception of the shock sensor durring a remote start, if a door is opened or the alarm is set off for any other reason, I think the starter is disabled electronically as well. Not sure if that effects a remote start session or not, but the car won't start again till the alarm is disarmed.

-Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much all ,!!!! this is what I needed!!!! I will relay the message and after researching the link for the bypass kit I realized where I have seen this before. Thanx all and I will reply when all is said and done. Robert Hamel.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
if you have not had it instaled yet RUN FOR THE HILLS!

if the idiot who is installing it did not know about bypass modules, i would NEVER LET HIM WORK ON MY CAR!!!!!

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts